Thursday, January 21, 2010

Make Your Own "I SPY" Tube



As I was adding things to our never-ending "I Spy" tube, I thought I'd share it with you. We purchased some paint brushes in a bag through a Hobby Lobby site and they came in a tube; that's what we use. You can use a glass jar, a peanut butter jar, peanut jar, etc - whatever you want to use.

For a while now, we've been putting anything we can find in it. Soda tabs, beads, charms from necklaces that have broken, foam stickers, craft items, rubber bands, those little plastic things that hold the potato bag closed, buttons, hair pretties, tiny sea shells. We have an extra Candyland man that I found in box in there... little key chains, a bell, beaded necklaces, broken crayons, magnet decorations (the magnet has fallen off), outlet protectors (child-safety),... and we just keep adding to it. When it's full, we'll glue and tape the lid shut and it will created hours of fun for the little ones and maybe the bigger ones! I get a huge kick out of it (but I'm also easily amused)..... :)

Enjoy! :)
~*April*~

5 comments:

  1. what will you do with it when the lid is glued shut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it'll just be used for "I Spy" games - like find the little red button, that kind of thing. My kids LOVE kaleidoscopes and this, to them, is similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the stuff in the middle won't be seen , but I guess you just need to shake it.

    cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cool! I think Maria and I will make one of these! Thank-you for the great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda - you're very welcome. Please share pictures when you make yours! :)

    ReplyDelete