Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Notes from Rhonda

Hi I'm Rhonda. I'm a stay at home mommy of two little girls, Maria and Eliza Jane. Maria is 4 yrs old and Eliza Jane is almost 4 months old. I also have 3 adult children,who were home schooled also. I have been married for 28 years to a wonderful man who is retired from the Army and is now a Registered Nurse, in the Emergency room. We live in the Arrowhead of Northern Minnesota, in the country. We raise chickens and goats.

With my old 3 children I used A Beka, and it was a "good fit" we used the VHS videos.
Now with Maria, I am teaching her preschool, and I use a "compote" of teaching styles. I mostly Like Charlotte Mason, and use this style the most. I also use "Before Five In A Row" we love this! Maria also does computer work, she thinks she is "Playing" on the compute, well she is to a point, but also learning so much! She told me she wanted to learn to read, so we use the book, "Teach Your Child To Read In 100 Easy Lessons" I am amazed at how much Maria has learned from just the few lessons we have done, so far. I also use DVDs as a teaching tool. The best DVD to teach the Letter sounds is Leap Frog, "The Letter Factory" In my opinion. Maria learned her letter sounds before she even knew the names of the letters. Now she knows the letters, and learned them by herself. I am also going to use Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace Jr." We want Maria to learn how to handle money, to "Give" "Save" and to "spend" ( in cash) This program is for 3 -12 year old. So we are excited about using this.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rhoonda. Nice to meet a fellow contributer.

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete