Thursday, January 21, 2010

Homeschool is MMMMmmm YUM!! (J-Term Day 14)

MMMMmmm. Just thinking about the food Ki has planned to make! I love that he is taking culinary class; which always sounds like colon when I say it. I just can get it to come through the vocal chords at the correct frequency I guess.

Today we talked about his menu for the gourmet dinner. So far he has:
Tomato soup with croutons. (I wonder if we can make asiago croutons like Panera does for their soup)
Fruit Salad’ like a waldorf, but no mayo and more fruit- gonna talk to him about some specifics still
Almond Crusted Chicken
Sautéed Broccoli with lemon and garlic- and fancy cut mushroom tops.
Death-By-Chocolate Cake
Then the following week he’s making a King Cake for a partial Mardi Gras Party. And he’s going to make atole (special Mexican drink they serve at their version of Mari gras )

I’m glad I’m taking those fitness classes and riding my bike more.
Today we read about the King Cake, Mardi Gras , the tradition, and history. Ki loved it. It was both culinary history and church history at the same time!
Gavin did some work on binary code and taught a little class on tricks to decoding binary. It is starting to become oh so very, very clear now as too why he had such trouble with reading. His brain is programmed to use binary and letters were just way to confusing. I should have started him with reading binary when he was 5 instead of real words with letters.
Ki typed out and printed an invitation for his gourmet dinner. I taught him to resize font to make it fit specific measurements so he could print on vellum and attach it to a pretty note card.

No comments:

Post a Comment